by Melissa Keindel (amara_strega)
To make a bard one needs to find, the recipe to create its kind. Never easy, always changing, from culture to culture, recipes ranging. Below we find a simple mix, to make a bard, and learn his tricks.
So listen now, as i do tell, a simple bard creation spell:
- Start with 1 cup honey, for the best stories come from honeyed tongues.
- Add 1 cup mead to loosen the mind and mouth.
- A dash of sass, a dash of pluck, a silver coin for good luck.
- A teaspoon of sage, to impart wisdom
- A teaspoon of pepper to keep stories spicy
- A quarter cup of strong beer to add valor and bravado
- A pinch of salt for flavor
- A pinch of suger to sweeten the heart
- A clove of garlic for strength
- A sprig of Thyme so they may keep time in competition
- A tablespoon of oats to add humility
- A cup of spring water to keep the creativity flowing
- Lastly add to the brew one sprig of eyebright to sharpen the wit and open the mind.
Add to a sturdy pot and boil over the intense flames of the bardic fire. Stir frequently, listening for the tell tale signs of bubbling and free-style rapping that tell you it is almost complete.
Once cooked, allow to cool and take on its natural shape, that of the master storyteller and keeper of sacred tales.